Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Article 9: Powerpointlessness

Powerpointlessness

By Ben Brown

Interesting article on PowerPoints. I still remember back when power points were the best tool created for teachers to make their notes pop from the overhead projector...Anything on a PowerPoint was awesome! To imagine now that just a PowerPoint is no longer good enough.

I do agree though that there is some art and work to creating a good slideshow presentation and it is our role to model and teach them how to make a good presentation. I also feel that a PowerPoint should have few words and more visual impact. Repeating what is written on the slide is not helping me learn. I can read. It is better to have examples and drawings where the presenter can explain its use and purpose. Once again...Model what you want and practice lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment